Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Friday, May 24, 2013

This wire isn't from Western Union!

And just when we thought we had this great little bow making tool figured out -- along comes another idea!  My good friend Chris was "playing in her room" (that's Craft Room) and she dug out some wire and started to fiddle with it on the Craft-Dee BowZ.  Well, lo and behold, she emerged with a flower!  Yes, I said flower.

So, I decided to give it a try with brighter colored wire and this is the result.  You be the judge.


Easy as pie.  You create your wire flower on the Craft-Dee BowZ the same way as you would a multiple loop ribbon bow, except that instead of making a knot in the center back, you simply twist the wire nice and tight.  Trim the excess and bend the twisted wire at the back.  I placed a large brad and added some bling to the center of the brad.  I then manipulated the wire to form a flower.  I could have wrapped it a few more times, but this will come with practice.

To finish off the wire flower, I die cut some leaves and placed them underneath the flower which I secured with a large glue dot.  Here's a close-up of the flower.  Isn't that just the cutest?!


I deliberately kept this card simple looking so that you could focus on the wire flower.  I'll most likely do a video tutorial on this fairly soon, but we have some more surprises coming your way using wire.  You will be amazed, I PROMISE!

Happy bow making and have a bow-ti-ful day!

Donna