Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Beautiful Bride!

If you're following Craft-Dee BowZ you know that there are four Design Team members and we each have our own week to display something we've made for you. The fourth Tuesday of each month is my day to post a card to, hopefully, inspire you to join our challenge. Now the bad news is...when you see my post, that means the end of the month is near and you need to get busy and get your card posted to Craft-Dee BowZ challenge blog if you want to participate in the monthly challenge! 

The challenge this month on Craft-Dee BowZ is ANYTHING GOES WITH A HANDMADE BOW.  Not difficult, right?  Well, we're a bit overachieving, as Design Team members often are, and we challenged ourselves a bit farther and this month we attempted, and succeeded, at making our cards white, cream, silver or gold, with the topic of wedding since June is known as the month for brides. Your card doesn't have a follow a challenge except that it needs to have a HANDMADE BOW.  

When you look at my card below, be ready for one of the prettiest satin bows you've ever seen. This card is 6"x6", so you can see this bow is no slouch....it's a nice size bow, very soft and because it's satin, it's got a beautiful shine to it. It also tied perfect the first time using my Craft-Dee BowZ tool. If you'd like to see how I made this double looped bow, here's the video.


I used this bride image by Rubbernecker and I stamped it with Versamark on heavy vellum and then embossed it with Sweet Stamps Medieval Metals embossing powder. I thought the soft brushed gold look of this embossing powder was absolutely perfect with my background paper from Wild Rose and the brushed gold solid paper also used. The image has two overlays; one for her hair and one for her bouquet...and I stamped, embossed and then colored on the back of the vellum, cut them out and overlayed them on my image. The cream paper behind the vellum is die cut with the Stitched Rectangle die by Memory Box. The sentiment is by Stampin' Up and that gorgeous lace is from my stash. Below is a close-up photo so you can see the stamp and overlays even better.  Isn't she a beautiful bride?!


You're thinking: is this really Gail's card?  I mean, there's no little girl or little boy image, there's no extra flowers, and where are the pearls and rhinestones?! I tried for 'elegance' with this image. It's not easy to do when you're a bling type of person. This is the closest to CAS I've ever gotten, and CAS people are thinking: this isn't CAS. Right?  But, it is for me and I hope you like it and the bow has knocked your socks off!

Here at Craft-Dee BowZ we will be having a guest designer, Olga Moore. She will be visiting us on Friday, June 26 with a post. Please take a few minutes and visit her blog, here and check out her beautiful creations..  

You've got a few more days to get your card posted to our challenge blog at Craft-Dee BowZ and I hope you'll join us in our July challenge of ANYTHING GOES WITH A HANDMADE BOW!

                                                                               Hugs,
                                                                        Gail